Sunday, May 5, 2013

The art of Caricature


Caricature is an exaggeration by means of often ludicrous distortion of parts or characteristics. There are many people who misunderstand this art and underestimate how important it is. For me, caricature is that type of sophisticated art that has a significant importance and at the same time it makes you laugh. It is a way to express an idea without saying a single word or even without showing that clearly in the drawing. 

For sure many people know Usamah Hajjaj, I do not have any personal thing against him but I think that his caricature is repulsive and show how much he is shallow-minded. I do not like to judge people, but I have never seen a single caricature for him that wowed me or even make me smile. His caricature is corny and the average, he does not even have the drawing skills.

And here you can see some examples (and only some): 




On this paint, Hassan Kharabsheh commented saying: لازم يوخد جائزة على هالكاريكاتير بالذات
While Haneen Best said: والله هالكاريكتير قوي لانه جايب اجرام ووحشيه الكلب بصورة مخيفة





On this picture some people criticized the paint while Ibrahim SH Qazaq said اسامة انت فنان ... بس ما حدا بيحب الصح هالايام

Haneen Jilani said:  والله انك صادق يا اسامه عمرنا مابنصير على التخلف الي عنا




What make these pictures even worse the captions written on them. I believe that most of Usamah's fans like him because of his family name. If Imad Hajjaj is talented in this field that does not make Usamah talented too. I do not even understand how people see him a creative person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment